Vacheron Constantin: The new manufacture in Plan-les-Quates is now operational
Vacheron Constantin took possession of its new Manufacture on August 9th 2004. Located in Plan-les-Ouates/Geneva, the premises designed by Swiss-born French architect Bernard Tschumi also serve as the brand’s international headquarters. It was officially inaugurated on September 8th, after two years of planning and 18 months of intensive building work, and symbolises an significant stage in the development of the world’s oldest brand in uninterrupted operation since its founding in 1755.
Enriched by a longstanding tradition of excellence, Vacheron Constantin is celebrating in due style this new stage in its development. Determined to regroup its forces hitherto spread out between various sites around Geneva, the brand launched an international architectural competition which was won in the second round by Bernard Tschumi Urbanistes Architectes. Once this stage was over, building work began in December 2002. The Head Office and Manufacture, distinguished by a daring design and by its transparency, now brings administration and production together under one roof, providing the perfect setting for around 170 employees representing the Vacheron Constantin professions and the brand spirit. The personnel should grow to 250 in due course.
As a final token of recognition for the exceptional creation represented by the new Manufacture, discussions that took place with the municipal authorities of Plan-les-Ouates and with the management of the Canton of Geneva official cadastral department, have enabled Vacheron Constantin to locate its new site at no. 10, Chemin du Tourbillon. This particularly apt name pays tribute to one of the Haute Horlogerie specialities in which Vacheron Constantin excels.