BASELNEWS 2010Jaermann & Stübi has become the official supplier and timekeeper of St Andrews Links
Jaermann & Stübi, which specialises in premium golf watches, is intensifying its existing collaboration with St Andrews Links, The Home of Golf, and will be equipping this historic venue with clocks designed to match the watches. At the same time, together with St Andrews Links, Jaermann & Stübi are launching a special model limited to 18 pieces. Each watch will be dedicated to an individual hole of the world-renowned Old Course, where golf will be celebrating the 150th anniversary of The Open Championship in 2010.
Official timekeeper of St Andrews Links
JAERMANN & STÜBI and St Andrews Links have concluded an agreement to expand their long term collaboration: the golf watch manufacturer is now the official supplier and official timekeeper for St Andrews Links. Jaermann & Stübi will provide all official clocks and will equip The Home of Golf accordingly.
The limited-edition special model The Old Course, St Andrews Links
To mark the occasion of the 150th celebration of The Open Championship, which will be played on The Old Course in 2010, Jaermann & Stübi designed an exclusive special model in a limited edition of 18 timepieces. Each of the 18 golf watches is dedicated to one of the 18 holes of The Old Course and is inscribed with the statistics of the relevant hole on the inside of the hinged cover on the back of the watch. The case is made of elegant platinum. Like all golf watches made by Jaermann & Stübi, this one is also equipped with the "G-Shock- Guard" patented shock absorber with flexible stem, designed especially for golf. The model has a Course Timer for golf games, which can also be used as a second time zone. For each watch there is a cast-iron plaque to those mounted on The Old Course and provides information such as the name and number of the hole and its distance.
St Andrews Links – The Home of Golf
Golf has been played at St Andrews since the 15th century. The free use of the Links was documented for the first time in 1552 by Archbishop John Hamilton. The golf courses are public and managed by a charitable trust formed by an Act of Parliament. Since 1873, St Andrews Links has also been a venue for The Open Championship, which has already been held 27 times in this location. The Open Championship is one of the four major tournaments in the world of golf, and no other golf course in the United Kingdom has hosted more Open Championships than The Old Course at St Andrews Links. The 150th anniversary of The Open Championship will also be held at The Old Course in 2010. Seve Ballesteros, with whom Jaermann & Stübi also collaborate, is the only continental European to have won The Open Championship at St Andrews Links so far.
St Andrews Links
St Andrews Links Trust is a charitable organisation responsible for the management and maintenance of the seven golf courses at St Andrews Links, including the famous Old Course, host of the 2010 Open Championship, and The Castle Course. The Trust was established in 1974. It employs more than 300 permanent staff and seasonal workers during the high season. It manages a number of additional facilities including three clubhouses, a golf practice centre and golf academy and four shops.